Window shutters play a major role in any home. It is responsible for keeping heat outside, while protecting the interior of the house. But which material is the best when it comes to external shutters? Is it wood, or PVC?
Wood is probably the staple material in the production of exterior and window shutters. However, in recent years, more consumers and households are opting for PVC shutters in Sydney. With this increased popularity, more plastic shutters online are becoming commonplace in the market, and people are choosing it over wooden ones.
If you are undecided regarding the matter, here are some of the advantages and disadvantages of using exterior vinyl shutters or PVC window shutters:
- Affordable – This material is composed of a hollow tube that is ‘sealed’ by cover caps. This makes this material affordable and cheap.
- Long lasting – Plastic PVC is a durable material for shutters. It can withstand the test of time, and outlive even the most expensive wooden shutters around.
- Withstands moisture and wet environments – One of the key qualities of PVC is that it can endure wet climates and environments. Even when there are high amounts of moisture in the air, the PVC shutter brushes them off.
- Difficult to clean over time – Experts mentioned that PVC shutters tend to turn yellow over time. Once this happens, it would be difficult to clean and take it back to its original color.
- Looks less stylish – While it is very durable and affordable, it does not look remarkable or striking at all. No one will admire your shutters if you use PVC.
- Tendency to become ‘brittle’ – If exposed to the heat of the sun for a long amount of time, the plastic shutter may become brittle or easily cracked.
These are just some of the benefits and drawbacks in using vinyl exterior shutters for your home. Now that you can see the entire picture, it is up to you to decide whether you want to get this type of shutters or not.
For more information about vinyl window shutters, check out Inwood Blinds & Shutters. For the past several years, this local business has surged and served clients and consumers who want to install blinds, shutters and awnings to their residential and commercial areas. Call them on (02) 8858 0989 today or send them an inquiry using this form today.