Outdoor shutters are important fixtures at any home because it provides additional protection to glass doors and windows. In addition, it also helps in reducing cooling costs by keeping radiant energy from entering the home or premises. Finally, external window shutters provide an additional layer of design and style for any household.
Keeping these things in mind, one can see how important it is to choose exterior window shutters that are right for his needs. One of the factors that need to be considered is the type of material that you want for the roller shutters in Sydney.
Below are common materials that make up outdoor window shutters in Sydney:
- Medium density fiber (MDF) – This is a cheap material that is commonly covered by another material such as vinyl in order to look classier. While it can be affordable, MDF may not do well in wet environments. Over time, this particular material may swell and sag, taking away the original shape of the shutter.
- Vinyl – Vinyl-made shutters are considered the cheapest in the shutter spectrum. This type of shutters is made out of hollow PVC shutters with unfinished edges, and then covered with end caps.
- Synthetic foam – If you are on the lookout for a very durable, but non-wood material for your shutter, synthetic foam could be the answer. It is heavy, is water and fire resistant, and insulates heat well.
- Faux wood – This is the next best thing after wood. It looks like wood, feels like wood, and also comes in a variety of colors.
- Wood – This is probably among the most expensive materials to be used in shutters. They can be stained to accentuate the different markings on the wood. Unfortunately, wooden shutters do not hold well against moisture.
These are just some of the materials commonly used in creating custom exterior shutters. Each one has its own set of advantages and disadvantages for clients, so make sure you make the right choice.
Once you have made up your mind in getting the perfect plantation shutters in Sydney, your next step is to contact various sellers and service providers. One of the best in this field is Inwood Blinds & Shutters, which is based in Sydney. This local business has workmen that boast a combined 45 years experience in the field. If you want more information about Inwood Blinds & Shutters, call them on (02) 8858 0989 today.